Here are a few tips:
- Tip #1 - Tightly seal all entry points: Monitor for cracks, crevices or gaps in siding, door and window screens, and around pipes, as these areas can serve as entry points for pests.
- Tip #2 - Trim branches, plants and bushes: Vegetation near a home can serve as a natural pathway indoors for pests.
- Tip #3 -inspect firewood: Some ant and cockroach species nest in firewood, so be sure to store it on a raised platform away from your home and inspect it before bringing it inside.
- Tip #4 - Keep mulch away from your home: Pests are attracted to moisture-rich habitats, including mulch. We recommend storing mulch and firewood at least two feet away from your home.
- Tip #5 - Practice good sanitation: Keep counters and dishes clean, and don’t forget to tightly seal leftovers and rinse recyclable containers prior to storing.